Register for 2022 Dulles 5K/10K
The Washington Dulles International Airport community is excited to celebrate our 10th Annual Dulles 5K/10K!
This is your opportunity for the flattest, fastest course in the area! The runway will be closed off for runners to experience a unique look at the airport grounds, something you do not get to do every day! Run past planes and along the actual landing strip on this certified looped course.
Saturday, October 1, 2022. The 5K will start at 7:30 a.m. and the 10K will start at 7:40 a.m.
The event will feature both a 5K and a 10K. The 10k will run the entire length of the runway! Both races are flat and fast.
All in-person runners must be able to complete the chosen course and be off the runway by 9:00 a.m. so that it can be reopened for aircraft traffic. To allow for extra time, the final 1/2 mile will be on a connector, so provided you are off the air strip and beyond the final checkpoint by 9:00 a.m., you will have plenty of time to finish! We haven't had a runner unable to finish the course yet!
We plan to have a water station along the course, although you are encouraged to carry your own water, if needed.
- 5K: $35 per participant through June 30; $40 through August 31, $45 until the race sells out or September 27 at 8:00 pm, whichever comes first.
- 10K: $45 per participant through June 30; $50 through August 31; $55 until the race sells out or September 27 at 8:00 pm, whichever comes first.
- There will be no race day registration. All participants must register online and in advance.
In person and virtual participants registered prior to September 1 will be guaranteed a 2022 Dulles 5K/10K Technical Shirt. All others will be given shirts on a first-come first-served basis. All finishers will receive a one-of-a-kind finishers medal!
- Top male and top female for both races will each receive a certificate from United Airlines, Dulles Airport's hub carrier, good for a round-trip anywhere that United flies in the continental United States; Alaska; Caribbean; Canada; Mexico and Central America, plus a weekend overnight stay for two at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott!!!
- Awards will also be given to the top male and female finishers for each race in the following age groups; 12 & Under, 13-17, 18-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71 & over.
- All awards must be claimed within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the race.
Packets will be available to be picked up at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott (45020 Aviation Dr, Dulles, VA 20166) on Thursday, September 29 from 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and Friday, September 30 from 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. There will be limited packet pickup available on-site race day morning starting at 6:45 a.m. You must pick up your packet at one of the designated packet pick up times. Packets will not be mailed after the race.
Q: "Can someone else pick up my race packet on my behalf?"
A: Yes. Please make sure your friend has your name and bib number handy for the packet pickup staff.
From Washington, DC and points south: Take I-66 West to Route 28 North (Exit 53B): Travel on Route 28 North for 5.3 miles. Exit at the Air and Space Museum Parkway and follow signs to the Udvar-Hazy Center. The parking lot will close at 8:00 a.m.
From Washington, DC and points north: Take I-495 West (Capital Beltway) to the Dulles Toll Road West (Route 267). Exit the Dulles Toll Road at Route 28 South (Exit 9A) and travel south 3.5 miles. Exit at the Air and Space Museum Parkway and follow signs to the Udvar-Hazy Center. The parking lot will close at 8:00 a.m.
Please note that online mapping services may direct you to enter the Udvar-Hazy Center from Route 50. This is not a public entrance. You must enter from Route 28.
A bag drop will be available near the starting line. Please use the bag given out during packet pick up for the bag drop. We will be writing race numbers on the bags when left at the bag drop.
Free high resolution race photos will be available for download from the Potomac River Running Flash Frame page. Keep an eye out for our on-course/finish line photographers and be prepared to strike a pose!
The Washington Dulles Airport Marriott will provide post race refreshments. Look for their tent and stop by after the race to refuel!
Strollers (no registration needed for the child in the stroller) and wheelchairs will also be permitted, as long as they can complete the course by 9 am.
Because this event will take place on the runway, only registered runners (with/without strollers) will be allowed through the final checkpoint to get onto the course. Spectators will be allowed to cheer their favorite runners along the finish line.