Register for 2023 Healthy Strides 5K/10K and Kids Dash
Enjoy a scenic run on the beautiful grounds of Burke Lake Park. Join your community and friends when the Fairfax County Park Authority hosts your Healthy Strides 5k/10k on April 29th. The 5k course follows a tree-lined, paved road through the park and is wheelchair and stroller accessible. Runners who want to step up their challenge can take on the 6.2-mile wooded trail that circles the lake. To help keep you safe, 10k runners must maintain faster than a 17-minute mile pace, because the park opens at 9:30 a.m. and cars will be driving on the roads. All are welcome to enjoy park trails and amenities after the event.
The Tot Dash and Kids Dash events are for runners' and spectators' kids. Participants of these two events, and their drivers, may not leave the park until roads reopen at 9:30 a.m. The Tot Dash event allows the little ones who will ride in strollers on the 5k course to get their wiggles out before the big race. The Kids Dash event gives elementary school-aged kids a chance to cross the finish line before their parents. Tot Dash and Kids Dash registrants will not get a chipped bib but will receive a tech tee and finisher medal. Please, one medal per participant.
We LOVE Parks… and Giving Back!
A portion of the proceeds from the Healthy Strides 5k/10k goes to the Fairfax County Park Foundation to support beautiful Burke Lake Park. For information and to donate, please visit www. fairfaxparkfoundation.org.
- Racers must finish before 9:30 a.m. The event ends at that time, and the park roads open to the public. If you are unable to complete the 10k before 9:30 am, walkers must participate in the 5K to ensure they finish in time.
- Tot Dash & Kids Dash: 7:35 a.m. start
- 10k: 7:45 a.m. start
- 5k: 7:50 a.m. start
- This is a rain-or-shine event.
- This event is non-refundable. No refunds will be given in the event of bad weather.
- Please allow plenty of time on the morning of the race so that you and your spectators are parked before 7:35 a.m.
- Please allow 5-10 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the start line at Shelter A.
- For runner safety, exiting the park will not be permitted until the runners have cleared the course.
- Race cut-off time is 9:30 a.m., and roads open to traffic.
- Healthy Strides parking staff will direct you to open parking lots.
- Race participant parking in Shelter A parking lot is prohibited.
- Professionally timed by Commonwealth Race Management using the ChronoTrack B disposable tag system. Your tag will be attached to your bib. Results are available immediately after the race and are posted on .
- Finishers receive a Healthy Strides 5k/10k commemorative finisher medal.
- Awards will go to the top 3 overall male and female finishers, then the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over.
- Award ceremony concludes our event for top finishers and age group winners.
- Those interested in sponsoring this event, or if you have questions, please contact Julie Frederickson at Julie.email@example.com