The Inova StarKid 5K and Family Fun Run has been an Inova children's community tradition since 2006 and features both a 5K run and family friendly half-mile course. The event was originally created to support our Pediatric Heart Program. But StarKid has grown significantly over the years and proceeds now benefit pediatric services across the Inova Health System.
The Inova L.J. Murphy Children's Hospital StarKid 5K and Family Fun Run will be held on Sunday, June 5, 2022, at the Fairfax Corner Shopping Center. It's a fun-filled morning of fitness, community, music, and more! We welcome runners, joggers, skippers, walkers, and spectators of all ages. Strollers and your favorite four-legged friends are welcome, too.
This means you can raise funds that positively impact pediatric care at Inova L.J. Murphy Children's Hospital as well as every Inova location currently caring for our kids. From patients to programs and everything in between, your support and participation has made StarKid a success, so let's do it again!
- 8 a.m. - Family Fun Run
- 8:30 a.m. - 5K Race Start
- 9:30 a.m. - Awards and Prizes
- All races are FREE!
- All participants must register online.
- Online registration will remain open until 8:00 am on Sunday, June 5th.
- All registered participants will receive a commemorative race shirt. Be sure to register prior to May 20th to be guaranteed a shirt.
Friday, June 3rd - 7-11 a.m.
Inova L.J. Murphy Children's Hospital (Lobby area near Panera)
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Saturday, June 4th - 12-4 p.m.
Potomac River Running
11895 Grand Commons Avenue
Fairfax, VA 22030
Sunday, June 5th - 6:30-8 a.m.
Plaza at Fairfax Corner
4100 Monument Corner Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
- First place overall male and female for 5K
- All registered participants will receive a finisher medal