Online registration will close on Thursday, September 21 at 8:00 pm. NO ADDITIONAL registrations will be allowed after that time.
Any registrations after Tuesday, September 19 at 8:00, will only be able to pick up on Friday or Race Day.
This is your opportunity for the flattest, fastest course in the area! The runway will be closed off for runners to experience a unique look at the airport grounds, something you do not get to do every day! Run past planes and along the actual landing strip on this certified looped course.
Saturday, September 23, 2023. The 5K will start at 7:30 a.m. and the 10K will start at 7:40 a.m.
The event will feature both a 5K and a 10K. The 10k will run the entire length of the runway! Both races are flat and fast.
All runners must be able to complete the chosen course and be off the runway by 9:00 a.m. so that it can be reopened for aircraft traffic. To allow for extra time, the final 1/2 mile will be on a connector, so provided you are off the air strip and beyond the final checkpoint by 9:00 a.m., you will have plenty of time to finish! We haven't had a runner unable to finish the course yet!
We plan to have a water station along the course, although you are encouraged to carry your own water, if needed.
- 5K: $40 per participant through June 30; $45 through August 31, $50 until the race sells out or September 19 at 8:00 pm, whichever comes first.
- 10K: $50 per participant through June 30; $55 through August 31; $60 until the race sells out or September 19 at 8:00 pm, whichever comes first.
- There will be no race day registration. All participants must register online and in advance.
All race proceeds will benefit Special Olympics Virginia, the Committee for Dulles Community Outreach, and the Washington Airports Task Force, all 501c3 nonprofit organizations closely affiliated with Dulles Airport.
Participants registered prior to September 1 will be guaranteed a 2023 Dulles 5K/10K Technical Shirt. All others will be given shirts on a first-come first-served basis. All finishers will receive a one-of-a-kind finishers medal!
- Top male and top female for both races will each receive a certificate from United Airlines, Dulles Airport's hub carrier, good for a round-trip anywhere that United flies in the continental United States; Alaska; Caribbean; Canada; Mexico and Central America, plus a weekend overnight stay for two at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott!!!
- Awards will also be given to the top male and female finishers for each race in the following age groups; 12 & Under, 13-17, 18-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71 & over.
- All awards must be claimed within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the race.